PaperPort 14 is our popular scanning and document management software application designed for home office use. An easy-to-use combination of traditional file cabinet and digital document desktop, PaperPort 14 enables you to scan, organize, find, and share all of your documents and photos from your PC. It enhances the capabilities of your scanner or all-in-one device to quickly transform paper — mail, photos, legal paperwork, tax information, forms, bills, receipts warranties, and other important documents — into high-quality, searchable PDF files with the click of a button.
PaperPort even puts all the PDF files on your desktop in clearly marked, color-coded folders, so information is always at your fingertips.
But people have fundamentally changed the way they access information. It seems everyone, including our kids, have smartphones and tablets that are always connected. In this ever-busy world wouldn’t it be nice to have access to important personal documents as easily as getting access to the weather report, sports scores, music, and videos?
With the introduction of the PaperPort 14, we are making that a reality. Now the Windows PC desktop – the very center of the home office – and the mobile devices we carry with us become connected through a new service called PaperPort Anywhere.
With PaperPort 14, you can put an end to your reliance on copying, faxing, and mailing to reduce waste, conserve energy, save money, and get access to all your documents anywhere and anytime. PaperPort 14 includes free applications for your iPhone, iPad, and Android devices plus a free account in the PaperPort Anywhere service so you can start right away.
There’s no better, faster, or easier way to eliminate paper, organize your home office, and get access to your documents once and for all.
Customers use PaperPort 14 to:
- Reduce paper clutter all over the house
- Empty desk drawers and get rid of bulky file cabinets
- Scan, view, edit, and share PDF files with unprecedented speed and ease
- Find documents instantly
- Organize and manage all documents in one easy-to-use software application
- Bring greater efficiency to home-based businesses, personal finances, school work photo collections, hobbies, and other endeavors
What's New in PaperPort 14?
PaperPort Anywhere: Access your Documents Anytime, Anywhere Using any Device
PaperPort Anywhere, our new service for secure document access, provides the benefits of your own document website in the cloud, while delivering free mobile applications with PaperPort’s proven capabilities for desktop document management on the PC.
PaperPort Anywhere connects seamlessly to your PaperPort desktop to deliver anytime-anywhere access to your most important folders, files, documents, and photos via the convenience of popular web browsers for PC and Mac. You can manage your free PaperPort Anywhere account – up to 1 GB of storage with more available – from home, on the road, or wherever it is most convenient for you.
With PaperPort Anywhere, you can search and view documents by thumbnail, snippets, or list; browse PaperPort 14 desktop folders; create and manage cloud-only folders, upload new files from any computer and much more.
PaperPort Anywhere: Intelligent Mobile Applications for Users on the Go
To support users who are looking to manage documents using their mobile devices, PaperPort 14 in conjunction with PaperPort Anywhere now provides mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Using these mobile applications, you can browse by folder, search by document content or name, view documents, and take pictures and upload documents – all from the convenience of a mobile device.
PaperPort 14 Desktop Enhancements
In addition, PaperPort 14 also delivers some significant new desktop enhancements, including:
- PaperPort Anywhere Sync Connector: The connection from the PaperPort desktop to the PaperPort Anywhere service is achieved by way of the PaperPort Anywhere Sync Connector. This Windows system tray application provides the capability for you to sign-in to the PaperPort Anywhere service from the PaperPort desktop, monitor storage usage, and control which folders you want synchronized across the cloud and mobile applications.
- The Nuance Cloud Connector application: Now you can gain access to a number of cloud services, including Microsoft Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Box.net, and many more. Plus, files are accessed in the PaperPort folder directory, so you can scan, stack, or unstack PDF files, and create PDF files directly in the cloud.
- Evernote “Send To” Connector: Drag-and-drop files to the Evernote Send To Connector, create a new note, or add the document to an existing note. You can also right click on the Evernote connector and get files attached to any note so they are copied to the PaperPort desktop.
- Scanning improvements: We’ve enhanced PaperPort’s scanning capabilities in PaperPort 14, so scanned color documents using PDF-MRC compression are now 62% smaller. Other time-saving highlights include scan and open a document with one press of a button, create and save default custom file names, and create PDF/A directly from your scanner.
Get more organized
PaperPort gives you a single solution for scanning paper and accessing, viewing, editing, and converting files on your PC – the best way to get, and stay, organized.
Take advantage of the cloud
Plus, with PaperPort Anywhere, you can extend powerful document management capabilities to any device with a browser. PaperPort even delivers apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, for maximum access, peace of mind, and collaboration.
Become an expert … in no time flat
PaperPort reduces the complexity of scanning to a single push of button. Set-up a breeze, and once start, you will quickly have all your documents stored and accessible in one easy-to-use application.
Reduce waste and conserve energy by putting an end to your reliance on printing, faxing, and mailing. You’ll save money, too!
Gain true peace of mind
Improve document management processes with PaperPort. Once you file a document in PaperPort, you can rest assured it will never be lost, damaged, or accidently thrown away.
Get more done faster
PaperPort 14 includes a powerful PDF Viewer that replaces the free Adobe®Reader®, so you can view, edit, and share PDF documents like never before.
Find information instantly
Now you can create searchable digital PDFs from digital files and scanned paper documents. Then, to quickly locate a specific file, simply enter keywords or phrases into a desktop search.
Clean up and enhance digital photos
Scanning pictures is just the first step. PaperPort helps make your digital photos look better than ever with a feature-rich set of photo tools and optimal resolution for screen and print.
Convert paper into text
PaperPort converts paper to text in one, easy step. Just drag and drop a scanned document onto any text application in the PaperPort “Send-to” bar to create editable text for instant use in word processing or spreadsheet software.
Fill out forms quickly, neatly
FormTyper® converts scanned paper forms into electronic forms you can fill out, save as PDF, and email. It’s fast, easy, and automatic.
Works with any scanner
Make your all-in-one printer, mobile scanner, or desktop scanner faster and easier to use with PaperPort 14. Get better results, too.